Dr. Fife has the caring chairside manner that puts patients of all ages at ease. If you need a child’s dentist in Rio Rancho, contact Fife Dental Care. Set your child up for a life of oral health by beginning a lifelong relationship with a caring family dentist.
Although primary (baby) teeth will naturally fall out to make room for permanent teeth, the health of primary teeth is very important to your child’s health. Healthy primary teeth allow your child to:
- Chew properly, which helps them maintain a healthy diet
- Develop speech properly
- Experience a sense of self-confidence about his or her appearance
To contact our office, please call 505.994.1700 or click here.
Keeping baby teeth healthy also ensures that they stay in until they are naturally ready to come out, saving adequate space for developing permanent teeth.
Because primary teeth are so important, children should see an ABQ dentist within six months of the first tooth eruption. Just like adults, children should regularly visit the dentist to maintain a healthy mouth.
Your Child’s First Dentist Visit
If your child’s first dentist visit is before the age of two, the visit is more likely to go smoothly because he or she has probably not developed fear or anxiety. If your child is two years old (or older), there are some strategies you can use to help alleviate any fear about seeing the family dentist:
- Allow your child to go with you to your family dentist appointment.
- Read books and check out online resources about the dentist to help your child learn about teeth and what a dentist does to help keep them healthy.
- Play games that allow you and your child to explore your mouths so that they get used to the sensation of having someone touch their teeth and gums.
These strategies may also work for older children who experience dental phobia.
Finding Your Child’s Rio Rancho Dentist
Good oral health and hygiene habits are important for your child’s lifelong dental and overall health. That’s why it is important to establish care with a Rio Rancho family dentist early in your child’s life. And, it’s important to find a dentist who makes your child feel comfortable. Fife Dental Care in Rio Rancho, NM provides the special care needed to establish a healthy relationship with the dentist and maintain a healthy mouth.