When Are Implants Necessary?
Replacing missing teeth is an important step to ensuring oral health in the future, and dental implants are a powerful solution for tooth replacement. However, they are not the only option, and they may not be the best choice in every situation. If you have one or more teeth that need to be replaced, Dr. Fife of Fife Dental Care can help you find the best solution for your needs.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a form of dental prosthesis that take the place of natural teeth. The implant post is placed in the jaw where it will fuse to the bone to provide a solid foundation. Implants look and function nearly like natural teeth and can be used on their own or in conjunction with dental bridges and other treatments to provide restorative dentistry services.
Are Implants Right for You?
Implants have many benefits:
- They look and feel like natural teeth, providing a practical and cosmetic solution.
- They put no additional strain on nearby teeth the way a bridge would.
- They are fixed into place and provide structural integrity to the surrounding teeth.
However, implants do have some drawbacks:
- They are one of the more expensive tooth replacement options.
- Patient must wait until implant site heals before crown can be placed.
- They require ample bone density in the jaw.
To learn more about dental implants and get help deciding whether they’re the best choice for you, contact Fife Dental Care today. We’ll be happy to answer your questions!